Year End Top 10's - Best Horror Movies of the 2000s
I gotta say, I like the horror movie genre. I've never been a dedicated fan though.
That changed just a little bit in the past decade. Some of the great movies I've seen in the past 10 years just happen to be scary ones. I'm not sure if the quality has improved since 2000, or if I'm just noticing them now.
Either way, they kept me entertained...and here's my list of the Best Horror Movies of the 2000s:
10. The Strangers - It strongly conveyed the fear of a killers who seek random targets.
9. Saw - Too many sequels now, but the original idea of punishing morally corrupt people was great.
8. Final Destination - A dumb teen's horror story, but aesthetically pleasing and fun.
7. Cloverfield - Blair Witch Project + Godzilla = much fun
6. Shaun Of The Dead / Zombieland - The funny zombie movies. Both make the cut of my personal movie collection
5. Dawn Of The Dead (2004) / Day Of The Dead (2008) - George Romero movies fill me with such a great sense of tragedy, I want more.
4. Paranormal Activity - Knocked the scare into me for at least a week after seeing it.
3. 28 Days/Weeks Later - Another pair that leaves you with a eerie sense that zombies are just a small virus mutation away.
2. The Mist - I'm not sure I felt the dread of a movie more than after watching this one.
1. Let The Right One In - The tale of the vampire. Sad, romantic and cold. Could your neighbor be one of the undead?
Honorable mention also goes to: Open Water, The Descent, Bug, Drag Me To Hell & Jennifer's Body.